Pelham with Kids: 25 Things to Do for Westchester Families
Pelham, located in lower Westchester, has the unique distinction of being both the first and smallest town in Westchester County. Small, yes, but there's still lots to do here and its picturesque, small-town feel is part of its charm. Originally incorporating areas of the Bronx including City Island and Pelham Bay Park, the town is now nestled just along the border of the Bronx, less than a half hour from Manhattan on the Metro North.
Pelham’s top-notch public schools, close proximity to NYC, CT and greater Westchester along with many recreational and cultural centers and activities makes it a great neighborhood for families. The town offers many family friendly eateries, seasonal events, charming boutiques, engaging programs, classes and more. Strolling along Wolf’s Lane, the town’s “Main Street,” it’s hard to imagine that bustling, vibrant NYC is just minutes away. For the purposes of this post, we’re including both the Village of Pelham and Pelham Manor. Read on for 25 things to do with kids in Pelham.
- Sign up for movie making and acting classes or take in a family flick at Pelham Picture House.
- Grab some nacho bites or a specialty salad at Rockwells American Restaurant then stroll along Wolf’s Lane to Double Rainbow for an ice cream treat.
- Learn ballet, Irish step dance and more at the Performing Arts Center of Southern Westchester.
- Pop into the Bakery at Four Corners and choose from specialty coffees, pastries and cakes, to wraps, salads, soups, smoothies and more.
- Check out the hibachi cooking show at Edo Japanese Steakhouse.
- Sign up for a gymnastics glass at Spotlight Gymnastics.
- Enjoy the annual Easter Egg Hunt and rub elbows with the Easter Bunny at the Richard J. Daronco Town House.
- Take music lessons and throw a musical birthday party at Pelham Music Arts Studio.
- Enjoy Sunday brunch at Bistro Rollin, complete with a craft table for the kids.
- Learn ballroom dancing at Colonial School or select form a host of other town recreation programs.
- Choose from painting, creative writing and game design classes or simply enjoy the exhibits at Pelham Art Center.
- Take a mixed martial arts class at Wisdom Way Martial Arts.
- Enjoy story time or stop in for homework help at the Pelham Public Library.
- Play a few rounds of tennis or hit up the playgrounds at Sixth Street Playground.
- Grab a quick slice to go in the pizzeria or stop in next door for full service dining at Villaggio Ristorante and Pizzeria.
- Audition for a full scale production at the Pelham Children's Theater.
- Practice your downward dog at Prasanthi Studio.
- Enjoy family style dining or let the kids choose from a kid friendly menu at J Cafe.
- Enjoy outdoor summer concert series at Town Hall Park.
- Join in the Annual Family Skate Event hosted by the Pelham Recreation Department.
- Sample the oyster bar and try a specialty pizza at Caffe Reggatta Oyster Bar & Grill.
- Browse Sue’s Corner for whimsical children’s furniture, accessories and other unique finds.
- Let the kids romp in the playground or run free in the sprawling green space with gorgeous water views in Shore Park.
- Create your own gift baskets at Richard's Passport gift shop.
- Grab a table outside and indulge in American classics (burgers and wings, anyone?) at B&B's 5th Ave Pub.